24462Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Help with IceS - PERL quesion

  • M.J. Johnson
    May 10, 2010
         Following up on this thread from last month, and taking the suggestion Brian offered - is there anyone who has a build environment up and running that would allow them to build the ipk binary I require (of ices0)?  If so, would you care to share?  The ipkg feed has not updated in the last two weeks with the updated ipk I seek...

         TIA...

      On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Brian <b88zhou@...> wrote:

      http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/changeset/11582

      (took a little hack in adding the perl support because of cross compilation)

      Our autobuilder is having some problem. So the ipkg won't appear in the feeds for a few days.

      If you cannot wait, try setup a build environment and build the ipk binary yourself. Or ask some one to build it for you.

      Regards,

      -Brian

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "threeeyedtoad" <threeeyedtoad@...> wrote:

      > I believe I'm very, very close to solving the problem of streaming music via icecast while using mpd as the playlist manager - with no transcoding.
      >
      > My success currently seems to hinge on being able to use a PERL module written for use with Ices0.
      >
      > I've successfully installed Ices0 (0.4-1) from the ipkg feed for unslung. However, when I attempt to use ices with the PERL module I have, I receive this message:
      >
      > Initialization of playlist handler failed. [This binary has no support for embedded perl]
      > Ices Exiting...
      >
      > A quick search on this error reveals that I may be looking at a re-compile:
      >
      > http://icecast.imux.net/viewtopic.php?t=6799
      >
      > http://svn.xiph.org/icecast/trunk/ices0/INSTALL
      >
      > I know Ices does work on my Slug without attempting to use the PERL module, as I've tested it with Icecast, and it works fine.
      >
      > Please, please - would it be possible for the maintainer of the ipkg feed to add in support for PERL to Ices0?
      >
      > It all feels so very, very close...

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic