24447Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Help with IceS - PERL quesion

  • M.J. Johnson
    May 7, 2010
         Looks like the ices0 ipkg with PERL support has not yet appeared in the cross compiled ipkg feed after eight days or so... should it yet show up, with a bit more patience?

         Thanks again.

      On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 3:44 PM, M.J. Johnson <threeeyedtoad@...> wrote:
         Thank you, Brian, for your efforts.  I look forward to picking this up in the ipkg feed.

         I'm guessing the process for it to show up is still working through the system - I ran an ipkg update, and it has not shown up yet.  I'll keep checking, and let you know how things work out once I upgrade.

         Thanks again.

      On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Brian <b88zhou@...> wrote:

      http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/changeset/11582

      (took a little hack in adding the perl support because of cross compilation)

      Our autobuilder is having some problem. So the ipkg won't appear in the feeds for a few days.

      If you cannot wait, try setup a build environment and build the ipk binary yourself. Or ask some one to build it for you.

      Regards,

      -Brian

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "threeeyedtoad" <threeeyedtoad@...> wrote:

      > I believe I'm very, very close to solving the problem of streaming music via icecast while using mpd as the playlist manager - with no transcoding.
      >
      > My success currently seems to hinge on being able to use a PERL module written for use with Ices0.
      >
      > I've successfully installed Ices0 (0.4-1) from the ipkg feed for unslung. However, when I attempt to use ices with the PERL module I have, I receive this message:
      >
      > Initialization of playlist handler failed. [This binary has no support for embedded perl]
      > Ices Exiting...
      >
      > A quick search on this error reveals that I may be looking at a re-compile:
      >
      > http://icecast.imux.net/viewtopic.php?t=6799
      >
      > http://svn.xiph.org/icecast/trunk/ices0/INSTALL
      >
      > I know Ices does work on my Slug without attempting to use the PERL module, as I've tested it with Icecast, and it works fine.
      >
      > Please, please - would it be possible for the maintainer of the ipkg feed to add in support for PERL to Ices0?
      >
      > It all feels so very, very close...

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic