24378Re: NSLU2 vs WDTV Live

  • Hassys
    Mar 29, 2010
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "dystopianrebel" <dystopianrebel@...> wrote:

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Hassys" <hassys@> wrote:
      > > Another very good replacement for the NSLU2 is the SheevaPlug.
      > >
      > > I use this little box to host my SqueezeboxServer (currently hosting some 1200 albums) and it can easily be used as a webserver, fileserver, torrenthost etc.
      >
      > May I ask how much you paid for your Sheevaplug? I find them expensive -- three times the cost of a used NSLU2.
      >
      > Not that I foresee giving up my SLUGs anytime soon -- they are all (5) working perfectly.

      Where I live (Denmark) a new NSLU2 will cost you about 115 US$ (converted from DKK to USD via Google)
      I gave about about 172 US$ for my SheevaPlug. (bough it from http://newit.co.uk/)

      A used NSLU2 goes around 60US$.

      So yes. It's about three times more expensive (old slug vs new plug), however, the hardware is also at least three times more powerfull etc.
      I could foresee that the SheevaPlug would replace my 2 SLUGs, but that is, of course, just my point of view :)
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic