24374Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: NSLU2 vs WDTV Live

  • Harsh
    Mar 26, 2010
      Yep know about the Sheevaplug. Its just that I didnt plan on getting a slug replacement. It just ended up being a happy coincidence that the WDTV Live filled that spot - along with being a generally awesome TV box too

      From: Hassys <hassys@...>
      To: nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wed, 24 March, 2010 9:00:35 PM
      Subject: [nslu2-linux] Re: NSLU2 vs WDTV Live

      Another very good replacement for the NSLU2 is the SheevaPlug.

      http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ SheevaPlug

      It's en excellent little box running a 1.2 Ghz arm processor, 512 MB SDRAM, 512 MB Flash and the ability to plug an SD-card to run the OS from instead for internal flash.

      I use this little box to host my SqueezeboxServer (currently hosting some 1200 albums) and it can easily be used as a webserver, fileserver, torrenthost etc.

      Specs (from wiki):
      Manufacturer Marvell
      Type Plug computer
      Release date March 2009 (2009-03)
      Operating system Debian (since rev. 1.2), Ubuntu
      Power 2.3w idle no attached devices, 7.0w running at 100% CPU utilization
      CPU 1.2 GHz ARM Marvell Kirkwood 88F6281
      Storage capacity External hard drive/SDIO card/flash disk
      Memory 512MB SDRAM, 512MB Flash
      Display none
      Connectivity USB 2.0, SD, Gigabit Network, JTAG mini USB
      Dimensions 110 x 69.5 x 48.5 (mm)