24155Re: NFS writing poor performance

  • vasanag
    Dec 1, 2009
      I tried them but the behavior was the same.

      I am afraid that somewhere else is the problem. I mounted also to my
      NSLU2, a FAT32 formatted flash disk and I shared it through SAMBA and
      again I had similar writing speed problems. (more than 6 min for a 60
      MB file)

      As I noticed on a previous email, sometimes the writing speed becomes
      zero for more than a minute. It's like the NSLU2 is struggling to write
      to the flash disk!!!

      Do you have any ideas?

      stanley_p_miller_qaz wrote:
      > Try this set of options in your Ubuntu /etc/fstab file.
      >
      > noatime,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
      >

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, vasanag <vasanag@...> wrote:
      >> Gurus,
      >>
      >> I am experiencing very slow writing speed on my NFS share on my UNSLUNG.
      >>
      >> To write a file of 40 MB from my UBUNTU machine to the NSLU2 I need 3
      >> min 15 sec.
      >>
      >> To read back the same file to UBUNTU, I need only 15 secs!!!!!!
      >>
      >> What is going on here? Am I missing something?
      >>

      >> ************
      >>
      >> On my NSLU2 running UNSLUNG 6.10
      >>
      >> # mount
      >> /dev/sdb1 on /share/hdd/data/USB_D1 type ext3 (rw,noatime)
      >>

      >> # cat /etc/exports
      >> /share/hdd/data/USB_D1 192.168.2.*(rw,sync,no_root_squash)

      >> On UBUNTU
      >>
      >> To mount the share
      >>
      >> sudo mount 192.168.2.2:/share/hdd/data/USB_D1 /home/anagnost/mnt/nfs_nslu
      >>

      >> TIA
      >> vasanag

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic