24153Re: NFS writing poor performance

  • vasanag
    Nov 30, 2009
      I tried without the sync option but again with no success.

      After a more careful look in the progress bar, on my UBUNTU machine,
      while writing a file, I noticed that file transfer speed is not
      constant. The progress bar stops, sometimes for more 1 minute in the
      same position. Seems that is struggling to write but something goes
      wrong!!!

      Any ideas?

      vasanag

      tlhackque wrote:
      >> # cat /etc/exports
      >> /share/hdd/data/USB_D1 192.168.2.*(rw,sync,no_root_squash)
      >
      > Try removing the 'sync' option.
      >
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, vasanag <vasanag@...> wrote:
      >> Gurus,
      >>
      >> I am experiencing very slow writing speed on my NFS share on my UNSLUNG.
      >>
      >> To write a file of 40 MB from my UBUNTU machine to the NSLU2 I need 3
      >> min 15 sec.
      >>
      >> To read back the same file to UBUNTU, I need only 15 secs!!!!!!
      >>
      >> What is going on here? Am I missing something?
      >>

      >> ************
      >>
      >> On my NSLU2 running UNSLUNG 6.10
      >>
      >> # mount
      >> /dev/sdb1 on /share/hdd/data/USB_D1 type ext3 (rw,noatime)
      >>

      >> # cat /etc/exports
      >> /share/hdd/data/USB_D1 192.168.2.*(rw,sync,no_root_squash)

      >> On UBUNTU
      >>
      >> To mount the share
      >>
      >> sudo mount 192.168.2.2:/share/hdd/data/USB_D1 /home/anagnost/mnt/nfs_nslu
      >>

      >> TIA
      >> vasanag

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic