24049Re: 2GB limit

  • mick_nslu2
    Oct 11, 2009
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Westerhof (mwester)" <mwester@...> wrote:

      > mick_nslu2 wrote:
      > > I've seen it mentioned on the wiki and came across it last night when I tried to move a 2.4GB file from my Topfield to my Slug. Same problem trying to move a larger than 2GB file from my PC to the Slug. Why is this happening? Is there a fix?
      >
      > You'll need to provide a bit more information. But in general, if
      > it's Unslung you're probably out of luck.

      Hmm, I was hoping the Unslung firmware had caught up with modern kernels/fs capailities and the 2G file limit had been overcome. I use ftp on the Slug to connect to the Topfield via the second USB port. I will try to use puppy for this purpose and see if that also hungs up after the 2G limit has been reached.

      > SlugOS should support large files like any other Linux system.

      Perhaps a future project of mine would be to upgrade to SlugOS.

      Thanks.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic