23997Re: [nslu2-linux] How do I restart networking?

  • Mike Westerhof (mwester)
    Aug 31, 2009
      Victor Hadianto wrote:
      > Hi,
      > How do I restart networking in an Unslung system? Normally I use
      > /etc/init.d/networking script which does not exist in Unslung system.

      :) If you are experienced with Linux enough to know and use the
      /etc/init.d/networking script, then I suspect you probably want to run
      either SlugOS or Debian on the NSLU2, not Unslung. That script does not
      exist on the Linksys firmware; rather the entire network startup is
      handled by a huge binary blob for which we have no source code.
      Restarting that does far more than just reset the network; my experience
      has been that it's easier to restart Unslung rather than mess with that
      - it amounts to the same thing.

      Mike (mwester)
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic