23802Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: direct ethernet connection from PC to slug

  • David Wurz
    Jun 25, 2009
      try 10.0.0.1 for slug, 10.0.0.2 for slugs port on PC then it should work.

      Ah, good idea. However I tried to share my wireless with my hardwired ethernet connection but windows ICS won't let me because it tries to change the wireless ip to 192.168.0.1, but my gateway has the same ip. I even tried manually assigning the wireless ip to 192.168.0.2 but that doesn't help. It seems I've hit another dead end.

      --- In nslu2-linux@ yahoogroups. com, whaly <whaly.ml@.. .> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > You
      can share internet in windows xp, follow :

      href="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306126">http://support. microsoft. com/kb/306126

      25, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Richard<jut. shanahan@ ...> wrote:

      > > I'm sharing a wireless connection with my
      neighbor. This router is upstairs
      > > and I cannot plug my slug into
      it. Therefore I have an ethernet cable going
      > > from my pc (win xp) to
      the slug directly. I also have a wireless adapter
      > > that I get
      internet access through.

      > > Now I was able to see the web
      page for the slug just fine and uploaded the
      > > debian installer image
      fine as well. I am now at the beginning of the debian
      > > install where
      it's asking for a suitable mirror to use for downloading
      > > packages.
      But as you may have guessed, the slug, and thus the debian

      installer cannot see the outside world (the internet). Can someone suggest
      > > how to circumvent this problem? I tried setting up a web
      proxy server and
      > > letting the debian installer know about it, but
      that was a no go :(

      > > My ip's are:
      > >
      > > wireless adapter: 192.168.0.101
      > > pc ethernet: