23799Re: direct ethernet connection from PC to slug

  • Richard
    Jun 25, 2009
      Ah, good idea. However I tried to share my wireless with my hardwired ethernet connection but windows ICS won't let me because it tries to change the wireless ip to 192.168.0.1, but my gateway has the same ip. I even tried manually assigning the wireless ip to 192.168.0.2 but that doesn't help. It seems I've hit another dead end.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, whaly <whaly.ml@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > You can share internet in windows xp, follow :
      > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306126
      >
      > Then on the nslu2 network settings, add 192.168.1.66 for the gateway.
      >
      > Good luck,
      > Whaly
      >
      > On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Richard<jut.shanahan@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > I'm sharing a wireless connection with my neighbor. This router is upstairs
      > > and I cannot plug my slug into it. Therefore I have an ethernet cable going
      > > from my pc (win xp) to the slug directly. I also have a wireless adapter
      > > that I get internet access through.
      > >
      > > Now I was able to see the web page for the slug just fine and uploaded the
      > > debian installer image fine as well. I am now at the beginning of the debian
      > > install where it's asking for a suitable mirror to use for downloading
      > > packages. But as you may have guessed, the slug, and thus the debian
      > > installer cannot see the outside world (the internet). Can someone suggest
      > > how to circumvent this problem? I tried setting up a web proxy server and
      > > letting the debian installer know about it, but that was a no go :(
      > >
      > > My ip's are:
      > >
      > > wireless adapter: 192.168.0.101
      > > pc ethernet: 192.168.1.66
      > > slug: 192.168.1.77