23727Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Marvell SheevaPlug Port --- Has anybody seen this?

  • CN
    Jun 7, 2009
      On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 10:05:14 +0100, David Given wrote:

      > Actually, that's the consumption for the entire stack --- the SheevaPlug
      > itself is using 5W or so. That includes two USB hard drives, a powered
      > USB hub, an ADSL modem and a WRT54GL. The SheevaPlug itself uses about
      > half the power of an NSLU2 (although this will go up if you add lots of
      > USB devices).

      David, That is good to know. But the 5w (that you say) as the pwr of
      SheevaPlug is definitely not half that of the Slug. Long time ago I had precisely
      measured the power usage and listed here. Even though the pwr supply is rated
      at 5v, 2amp that is (almost) enough to supply two attached notebook drives. If I
      remember correctly, the slug itself takes only about 2 or 3 watts.
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic