23588Re: jamvm (Java VM) on SlugOS ==> "ld.so does not support TLS, but program uses

  • rob.lougher
    Apr 10, 2009
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Zhou" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

      > On an x86 linux box, you can try the optware/ts509 feed. Setup:
      >
      > # wget http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ts509/cross/unstable/ipkg-opt_0.99.163-10_i686.ipk
      > # tar -xOvzf ipkg-opt_*_i686.ipk ./data.tar.gz | tar -C / -xzvf -
      > # mkdir -p /opt/etc/ipkg
      > # echo "src ts509 http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ts509/cross/unstable" > /opt/etc/ipkg/ts509-feed.conf
      > # /opt/bin/ipkg update
      > # /opt/bin/ipkg install classpath jamvm
      >
      > Right now, jamvm 1.5.1 is in the feed.
      > I've uploaded jamvm_1.5.2-1_i686.ipk to nslu2-general yahoo groups Files, Misc Files.
      >
      > You can also build the ipk's yourself, steps:
      >
      > $ svn co http://svn.nslu2-linux.org/svnroot/optware/trunk optware
      > $ cd optware
      > $ make ts509-target
      > $ cd ts509
      > $ make directories ipkg-utils toolchain
      > $ make jamvm-ipk
      > $ make jamvm-dirclean jamvm-ipk JAMVM_VERSION=1.5.2

      Thanks for the instructions, with these I was able to build 1.5.2 and reproduce the problem.

      The reason is straight-forward. JamVM 1.5.2 requires GNU Classpath 0.98, but the installed Classpath is 0.97.2. As GNU Classpath is Java, you can't check versions at configure time. Compatible versions are listed in the README, but this is less than ideal.

      I tested building Classpath 0.98 and everything worked OK. However, you will need to modify the upstream site listed in classpath.mk from http://builder.classpath.org/dist to ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/classpath, as 0.98 doesn't exist on builder (ftp.gnu.org is the official download location).

      Thanks,
      Rob.

      > Thanks a lot,
      >
      > -Brian