23585Re: slug usb controller hurt?

  • bullfrog528
    Apr 10, 2009
      Hi

      I suspect you have a faulty power supply.

      For more information see paragraph 2 here

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/PowerSupply

      The USB power pins are wired directly to the internal power supply for the slug - via the power on/off circuit , hence why some people power there slug on using the usb socket bypassing the internal on/off circuit rather than using the power socket and pressing the on/off button.

      See methods 6,7,8 and 12 here

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/ForcePowerAlwaysOn

      Bullfrog

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Sébastien Lorquet <squalyl@...> wrote:

      > > Soldering the four pin header was a pain. The ground and +5 pin are tied
      > > to a large copper area, so it is hard to get enough heat to the joint on
      > > those two pins.
      >

      > Yes, soldering the header was a pain indeed, because 3 of 4 holes were
      > filled with solder. Fortunately my company has a small electronics lab where
      > I could find desoldering material + a desktop magnifier =)
      > And I had to insist a bit to get these two soldered :)
      >

      > > Here is a sample of the boot messages (using "minicom -o") :
      > >

      > Thanks for the sample log output, i'll have a try ASAP.
      >
      > Sebastien

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic