23536Re: Unslung 6.10 amuled amuleweb (amulecmd) do'nt open tcp socket

  • gopher3_8
    Apr 2, 2009
      Just adding a final note to this thread. I'm 95% certain that the amule ipkg doesn't work as is with Unslung 6.10. It definitely seems to be a problem with writing the cryptkey. You can copy a cryptkey from another instance of aMule or eMule, which will get the application moving, but then it blocks when it tries to write it again. The problem has nothing to do with the TCP socket, I believe. Apparently, some people got it working by recompiling the part that handles the cryptkey, but that was beyond me.

      Two options I can suggest:

      a) mldonkey definitely works for torrent and eDonkey. Very slow though.

      b) aMule 2.1.3 apparently works better (for instance, see Roland's message below). I made aMule 2.1.3 following the instructions here:

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/HowToRunAmuleDaemon
      (the tarball link doesn't work anymore, so you have to search for it)

      I ALMOST have 2.1.3 running, although I'm having a problem connecting to KAD, which I'm hoping to get some help on, but that should be a new thread.

      Ciao.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "rolandkbs" <roland.krebs@...> wrote:

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "gopher3_8" <gopher38@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Well, I'm relaunching this to see if anyone has found a solution. I had
      > > the same experience as the people below, and despite much googling and
      > > experimenting, I haven't been able to advance.
      > >
      > > I have Unslung 6.10 and aMule seemed to install without problems. When
      > > I try to run it though, I get the following message:
      > > amuled: OnInit - starting timer
      > > Initialising aMuled 2.2.3 using v2.8.7
      > > Checking if there is an instance already running...
      > > No other instances are running.
      > > HTTP download thread started
      > > ERROR: WARNING Warning! You are running aMule as root.
      > > Doing so is not recommended for security reasons,
      > > and you are advised to run aMule as an normal
      > > user instead.

      > > Warning! You are running aMule as root.
      > > Doing so is not recommended for security reasons,
      > > and you are advised to run aMule as an normal
      > > user instead.
      > >
      > > Host: amule.sourceforge.net:80
      > > Response: 200 (Error: 0)
      > > Download size: 6
      > > HTTP download thread ended
      > > Using "top", I can see that it takes about 98% of the CPU time, and with
      > > "netstat" I can see (or at least I think I see; I'm still not a whiz at
      > > this) that it isn't listening on any port. I let it run for several
      > > minutes, thinking that maybe it was doing some type of initialization,
      > > but it doesn't seem to drop in CPU usage or start listening on a port,
      > > so if I run aMuleweb, I can't connect. Last message in logfile is:
      > >
      > > 2009-03-13 22:00:05: No 'cryptkey.dat' file found, creating.
      > > But I never see this "cryptkey.dat" file show up, so maybe it gets stuck
      > > there. Anyway, if anyone succeeded in getting amule to work on Unslung
      > > (and I think there are some people, from what I could gleen from my
      > > google searches), please post your entire amule.conf file. I think that
      > > would help enormously. Thanks.

      > > > Hi,
      > > >
      > > > I have the same problems with openwrt kamikaze 7.09 and amule 2.2.2
      > > > (from optware) on my slug.
      > > >
      > > > I copied cryptkey.dat, clients.met, preferences.dat,
      > > > preferencesKad.dat, key_index.dat, load_index.dat and src_index.dat
      > > > from another installation of emule according to
      > > > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/HowToRunAmuleDaemon
      > > >
      > > > This, however, solved half of the problems, because amuled starts and
      > > > listens for client connections, but as soon as some activity like a
      > > > seach or a download is started, it consumes about 98% of cpu time and
      > > > the gui, amulecmd and so on remains irresponsive though the slug
      > > > itself is not freezed (issueing other commands at the OS level it
      > > > works)...

      > > > Still waiting for some answers !!! :-(
      > > >
      > > > Bye
      > > >

      > I had the same problem with 2.1.3 more than a year ago. I'm not sure anymore, by I think the problem was only an invalid server.met file.
      > Try to copy a clean, not empty file to the slug.

> [...]
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic