23467Re: Unslung 6.10 amuled amuleweb (amulecmd) do'nt open tcp socket

  • gopher3_8
    Mar 23, 2009
      Umm. That's already interesting info. Like I said, I THOUGHT some people had it running, judging from various comments that I saw when googling the subject, but I never saw a clear statement that it was working, so I wasn't even sure if it was possible.

      I'm running 6.10 and using whatever version of aMule you get if you do a ipkg install right now. I think that there's a problem with that combination, because I saw a number of people who had the same failure that I did, which is that it goes to about 99% of CPU and stays there for hours. Last message in the log is something about a cryptic key, and I think I saw some comments in google about changing a crypt++ package or something like that (sorry, I'm not much of a technical wizard). I could be wrong, but I honestly don't think it's the server.met file, because I tried many of those with the same behavior.

      Anyway, if you find something out, let me (us) know. It was nice to get a clear yes/no answer on the questions below, at any rate.

      Thanks.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "rolandkbs" <roland.krebs@...> wrote:

      > a) Unslung 6.8-beta
      > b) It is still running
      > c) I installed amule 2.1.3-10 with ipkg in September 2007
      > If I will find time next week, I will do an update to 2.2.3-1 next week. I will keep you informed.
      >
      > Roland
      >
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "gopher3_8" <gopher38@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks for the reply. Tried again with a new server.met but still no success. Maybe I'll experiment some more, but first, can you tell me:
      > >
      > > a) Are you running Unslung?
      > > b) Did you ever get aMule to work?
      > > c) Did you install aMule with ipkg or did you make it yourself?
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "rolandkbs" <roland.krebs@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I had the same problem with 2.1.3 more than a year ago. I'm not sure anymore, by I think the problem was only an invalid server.met file.
      > > > Try to copy a clean, not empty file to the slug.
      > > >
      > > > Roland

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic