23433Re: Unslung 6.10 amuled amuleweb (amulecmd) do'nt open tcp socket

  • rolandkbs
    Mar 18, 2009
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "gopher3_8" <gopher38@...> wrote:

      > Well, I'm relaunching this to see if anyone has found a solution. I had
      > the same experience as the people below, and despite much googling and
      > experimenting, I haven't been able to advance.
      >
      > I have Unslung 6.10 and aMule seemed to install without problems. When
      > I try to run it though, I get the following message:
      > amuled: OnInit - starting timer
      > Initialising aMuled 2.2.3 using v2.8.7
      > Checking if there is an instance already running...
      > No other instances are running.
      > HTTP download thread started
      > ERROR: WARNING Warning! You are running aMule as root.
      > Doing so is not recommended for security reasons,
      > and you are advised to run aMule as an normal
      > user instead.

      > Warning! You are running aMule as root.
      > Doing so is not recommended for security reasons,
      > and you are advised to run aMule as an normal
      > user instead.
      >
      > Host: amule.sourceforge.net:80
      > Response: 200 (Error: 0)
      > Download size: 6
      > HTTP download thread ended
      > Using "top", I can see that it takes about 98% of the CPU time, and with
      > "netstat" I can see (or at least I think I see; I'm still not a whiz at
      > this) that it isn't listening on any port. I let it run for several
      > minutes, thinking that maybe it was doing some type of initialization,
      > but it doesn't seem to drop in CPU usage or start listening on a port,
      > so if I run aMuleweb, I can't connect. Last message in logfile is:
      >
      > 2009-03-13 22:00:05: No 'cryptkey.dat' file found, creating.
      > But I never see this "cryptkey.dat" file show up, so maybe it gets stuck
      > there. Anyway, if anyone succeeded in getting amule to work on Unslung
      > (and I think there are some people, from what I could gleen from my
      > google searches), please post your entire amule.conf file. I think that
      > would help enormously. Thanks.
      >

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "vulcano08" <vulcano08@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > The second problem is that amuled consumes all processor time after
      > > > while, I have still no solution for that.
      > > >
      > > > I have the same problems with OpenWRT on wl-500gP, but that is a
      > > > different processor, it is mipsel, not an arm.
      > > >
      > > > If you have the same problems this seems to be more general.
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I have the same problems with openwrt kamikaze 7.09 and amule 2.2.2
      > > (from optware) on my slug.
      > >
      > > I copied cryptkey.dat, clients.met, preferences.dat,
      > > preferencesKad.dat, key_index.dat, load_index.dat and src_index.dat
      > > from another installation of emule according to
      > > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/HowToRunAmuleDaemon
      > >
      > > This, however, solved half of the problems, because amuled starts and
      > > listens for client connections, but as soon as some activity like a
      > > seach or a download is started, it consumes about 98% of cpu time and
      > > the gui, amulecmd and so on remains irresponsive though the slug
      > > itself is not freezed (issueing other commands at the OS level it
      > > works)...

> [...]

      I had the same problem with 2.1.3 more than a year ago. I'm not sure anymore, by I think the problem was only an invalid server.met file.
      Try to copy a clean, not empty file to the slug.

      Roland
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic