23330Re: Using ddclient on SlugOS/BE 4.8 Beta. Is this possible?

  • bettega_stefano
    Mar 9, 2009
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Zhou" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

      > On slugos, don't add optware ipkg source to /etc/ipkg/any.conf, the two ipkg repos are not designed to be managed with the same ipkg db (package name and file path may conflict). Instead, follow http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Slugosbe
      >
      > Right now, to differentiate from optware/slugos5be, optware/slugosbe feed has been renamed to optware/slugos4be. The old optware/slugosbe name will eventually go away.
      >
      > -Brian

      Thanks, I followed the instructions and now it works.

      I had to disable ssl in ddclient.conf because ddclient complains about a missing SSL perl library. I don't remember the name, but with SSL enabled the script breaks and in syslogs some messages appears stating that library is missing. Maybe I have to install it manually, but in ipkg-opt repository there isn't a library with that name. I could try to install perl's OpenSSL library . What do you think?

      Cheers
      Stefano
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic