23102Re: Power adaptor problem

  • Adam Baker
    Feb 3, 2009
      Joel Gebhart <colin@...> writes:
      > --- In nslu2-linux@..., "Harsh Baste" <harshbaste@...> wrote:
      >
      > > The NSLU2 doesn't power up of course but what I'm more worried about
      > > is - have I bricked the NSLU2 or just bricked the power adapter?
      >
      > 90% chance you just borked the power adapter. Get any switch mode
      > power adapter (that means the voltage supplied is very stable
      > regardless of load) with the correct size and polarity tip. I forget
      > exactly but I think the NSLU2 comes with a 5vdc 2amp power adapter but
      > can operate on between about 5 - 15vdc.

      You need a supply that is exactly 5V, much less and the slug won't be reliable
      (although when my PSU failed recently with the well known capacitor fault the
      slug didn't die till the PSU was down to about 3.5V) and any more than 5V is
      likely to fry anything plugged into the USB connector.

      You need at least 2A if you want to be able to supply the USB spec of 500 mA to
      both USB peripherals.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic