22848Re: Illegal characters when copying files

  • rincewindcook
    Jan 4, 2009
      Thanks all for the replies, this problem is now solved, by very simply
      changing the Language Support in the web gui to 'Western Europe/Latin
      1(850)' as suggested by Roland.
      The only reason i didn't change this setting in the first place was
      due to the recommendation on this wiki
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/UnslungLanguageSupport
      which says "If you can use the "USA (437)" setting, do so"
      Thanks again for all your help, particularly Roland and Oliver for
      giving me the fix.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "doll_oliver" <doll_oliver@...> wrote:

      > I was also struggling with the charsets and I came up with the
      > following settings which work(ed) the best for me:
      >
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "rolandkbs" wrote:
      > > I'm using Unslung(V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.8-beta)
      >
      > ditto
      >
      > > with Samba(3.0.11)
      >
      > no, started with 2.x?, but at 3.2.6 these days.
      >
      > > [...] the Web-Configuration [...] is 'Western Europe/Latin 1(850)'
      >
      > ditto (IMO this refers back to the "dos charset"?)
      >
      > > In /etc/samba/smb.conf I have (generated by Unslung) the lines
      > > unix charset = CP850
      > > dos charset = CP850
      >
      > (my /etc/samba/smb.conf is a link to /unslung/smb.conf - and I guess
      > for you, too?)
      >
      > I use dos charset = CP850 as well but for unix charset = UTF-8.
      > With this the files get properly named via smb. Only thing is that the
      > files (e.g. äöüß.txt) locally on the SLUG itself look as
      >
      > -rwxrw---- 1 od everyone 0 Jan 4 14:38
      ├ñ├Â├╝├ƒ.txt

      > Never made it to fix this, but as I use my slug as a NAS I don't care
      > too much.
      > --
      > tnx & cheers
      > Oliver