22807Re: will stock nslu2 running unslung support 1TB drive?

  • lpcarmed
    Dec 31, 2008
      I just added a 1.5TB Seagate to my not underclocked 6.8 beta slug. The
      format took 13 hours. Both read and write speeds are much slower than
      expected - I am getting ftp speeds in the magnitude of 500KB/sec,
      Samba between 0.5 - 1.6MB/sec. I am afraid the slug will go back to
      it's previous home automation duties very quick and I'll either buy a
      DNS-323 or build a FreeNAS from spare PC parts.

      Dave

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "lyndon153" <lvanwagn@...> wrote:

      > I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but i've been off the
      > group for some time.
      >
      > I have a underclocked nslu2 running Unslung 6.8-beta. What's the largest
      > drive it supports? I'd like to simpifly things and migrate my 2x320GB
      > drives to a 1TB. I'd rather use most of the 1TB as /share/hdd1/data
      > (/dev/sdb1). (My boot drive is a 2GB flash drive.)
      >
      > --Lyndon

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic