22710Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Debian install & unslung

  • Mike (mwester)
    Dec 1, 2008
      minimatica wrote:
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike (mwester)" <mwester@...> wrote:
      >> As the wiki notes, there is no web interface to flash firmware on any of
      >> the replacement firmwares for the NSLU2.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^

      > Hi Mike,
      > tnx for the reply even if I read here
      > http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install.html that I can install in
      > this way:
      > "Using the web interface from the original NSLU2 firmware. Go to the
      > administration section, choose Upgrade, browse your disk for the
      > debian-installer image you have just downloaded. Then press the Start
      > Upgrade button, confirm, wait for a few minutes and confirm again. "
      >
      > right?

      By "replacement" firmwares, I am referring to Unslung, SlugOS, OpenWRT,
      Debian, and all other firmwares except the original Linksys firmware.
      If you have the original stock Linksys firmware installed, then you will
      have a functional web GUI that (usually, but not always) can reflash any
      firmware to the device.

      If you have installed Unslung, SlugOS, OpenWRT, Debian, or any other
      non-Linksys firmware, then you will have not have a working web GUI, and
      you must do the firmware flash via sercomm or upslug2.

      Mike (mwester)
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic