22709Re: Debian install & unslung

  • minimatica
    Dec 1, 2008
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike (mwester)" <mwester@...> wrote:

      > minimatica wrote:
      > > Hi guys,
      > > I want to install debian on my Nslu2 (266Mhz;D).
      > > I read http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install.html but I want to
      > > be sure:
      > >
      > > 1)could I upgrade, using debian-installer firmware image, from unslung
      > > 6.8beta via web interface?
      > >
      > > 2)If yes, after that, it should start the installer, right? ....and
      > > wait 4 hours.
      > >
      > > or should I reflash, totally, the nslu2 using sercom?
      >
      > As the wiki notes, there is no web interface to flash firmware on any of
      > the replacement firmwares for the NSLU2.

      Hi Mike,
      tnx for the reply even if I read here
      http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install.html that I can install in
      this way:
      "Using the web interface from the original NSLU2 firmware. Go to the
      administration section, choose Upgrade, browse your disk for the
      debian-installer image you have just downloaded. Then press the Start
      Upgrade button, confirm, wait for a few minutes and confirm again. "

      right?

      TNX again!
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic