22708Re: [nslu2-linux] Debian install & unslung

  • Mike (mwester)
    Dec 1, 2008
      minimatica wrote:
      > Hi guys,
      > I want to install debian on my Nslu2 (266Mhz;D).
      > I read http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install.html but I want to
      > be sure:
      >
      > 1)could I upgrade, using debian-installer firmware image, from unslung
      > 6.8beta via web interface?
      >
      > 2)If yes, after that, it should start the installer, right? ....and
      > wait 4 hours.
      >
      > or should I reflash, totally, the nslu2 using sercom?

      As the wiki notes, there is no web interface to flash firmware on any of
      the replacement firmwares for the NSLU2. So you'll have to place the
      NSLU2 in upgrade mode (the reset button technique described on the wiki
      is the best way to do this), and use either upslug2 (linux) or sercomm
      to upload the new firmware.

      Mike (mwester)
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic