2207Can't run ScanDisk under Unslung 1.11beta

  • Ian White
    Nov 2, 2004
      I am happilly running Unslung 1.11beta

      Almost everything is working just fine:

      I have 6 shares with 6 backup jobs, running on various schedules
      (yep, I figured out how to manually add/configure more than the
      5 backup jobs allowed by the web admin)

      Telnet is permanently enabled

      And NTPclient is keeping the slug in perfect time-sync

      Just one small problem:

      In addition to the various backups
      I'm also trying to run ScanDisk on a schedule once per week

      Unfortunately it is always failing, reporting that the disk is in-use
      the report is timed about 5 minutes after the scheduled start time

      I have tried running ScanDisk from the web admin "disks" page.
      It seems to start okay, including prompting me to confirm that all connections will be dropped
      but after about 5 minutes it too reports that the Disk is in-use

      I have even tried a scheduled backup with all the other PCs on the network
      shutdown and I have tried a manually-initiated backup, with just one PC booted,
      but with no connected shares

      I have yet to try a sheduled backup with the network disconnected.

      The ScanDisk used to work under the stock firmware

      Anyone have any ideas about might be going wrong?

      Thanks from an otherwise happy Unslung user
      Ian W.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic