21935Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: using BOINC

  • Tory Clement
    Jul 6, 2008
      I at one point was able to compile the boinc client to work and get
      past the initial benchmark timeout problem I was having. The issue I
      had was that none of the projects had any work units that would work
      on an arm chipset. I looked into get qemu running to emulate i386 but
      had no success.

      On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 10:28 AM, mbogelund <mbogelund@...> wrote:
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "jase_radioastronomy"
      > <jase_radioastronomy@...> wrote:
      >> You are quite correct that the NSLU2 probably won't make a good seti
      >> cruncher but it was more about seeing if it would work. Seeing what
      >> the NSLU2 was capable of. If it can crunch a work unit or two whilst
      >> being on 24/7 for other duties and still be within the deadline then
      >> it may as well crunch away.
      >> Jase
      > It could be fun to see if this could work.
      > Maybe you can make it crunch for Pirates@home (which is really the
      > seti@home Alpha-test project), or seti@home Beta Test (which is - you
      > guessed it - the seti @home Beta-test project.)
      > I think they don't have the 32MB minimum limitation.
      > Good luck!
      > --
      > Martin

      Tory Clement