21903Re: F5L009 belkin network usb hub

  • bullfrog528
    Jun 29, 2008
      Well there you go, so it's there but locating it wasn't as
      indicated, which threw me.Obviously it's still available but because
      it's not under their menu system, does that indicated that it's not
      being made or pushed anymore. They now have a real wireless usb
      product, (albeit WUSB not USB over Wifi), rather than one which
      needs you to plug into the back of any existing wireless access
      point.

      The NSLU2 is still listed in the linksys site in their menu system -
      http://www-uk.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?
      c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=UK%
      2FLayout&cid=1123521947038&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%
      2FVisitorWrapper&lid=4703814813B132 - very bottom 2 nas products but
      the nslu2 is apparently out of production, going off other posts in
      these groups. Suppliers are alledgidly selling off old stock.

      I've misquoted too, finally found where I'd seen it as being linux
      based. http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/04/16/belkin_80211n_usb_hub/
      Actually a site called registry hardware as opposed to the register-
      oops.

      So the original question remains
      "Does anyone on this forum know anything about the inards of this
      device?"

      I believe the answer is no one here does.

      I'll try and contact Belkin directly and get the info from the
      horses mouth as it were.

      Again thanks to everyone who has contributed a response.

      Jeremy (Bullfrog)

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Gregg C Levine"

      linux@yahoogroups.com] On
      > Behalf
      > > Of bullfrog528
      > > Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 10:10 AM
      > > To: nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
      > > Subject: [nslu2-linux] Re: F5L009 belkin network usb hub
      > >
      > > Hi
      > >
      > > Still can't find this specific product on the www.belkin.com
      site.
      > > I'm clicking on hubs on the left and then usb hubs in the drop
      down
      > > menu which does indeed bring up some products with similar cases,
      > > but not this specific product. It's essentially a wired ethernet
      > > 5 usb port device. The only devices I see in a similar case are 2
      > > items for the mac. And a WUSB pair which uses it's own wireless
      link
      > > rather than wifi.
      > >
      > > I'll need to reconfirm the source of the information regarding it
      > > running linux.
      > >
      > > I've now found a belkin gpl download site is here -
      > > http://www.belkin.com/support/gpl.asp
      > >
      > > Not many products are mentioned.
      > >
      > > Jeremy (Bullfrog)
      > >

      > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Gregg C Levine"
      > > <hansolofalcon@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello!
      > > > Actually, Jeremy (Bullfrog), according to the Belkin site, it
      isn't
      > > > discontinued. Not yet. It is however hard to find as their site
      > > was never
      > > > properly optimized. I simply went there, and checked under
      their
      > > USB devices
      > > > section, and it simply turned up under hubs, and was sparsely
      > > documented as
      > > > I've described earlier.
      > > >
      > > > As for it being Linux based, well the Register has a reputation
      > > for being
      > > > wrong seven out of ten times per week. (Or should especially
      given
      > > the fact
      > > > that most people ignore them until it's too late.) They
      (Belkin)
      > > are
      > > > probably not completely aware that anything Linux based needs
      > > be supplied
      > > > with both a binary and a source download.
      > > >
      > > > Now here's a suggestion, before actively considering something
      > > else from
      > > > Linksys, why not bring the Register's blurb to the attention of
      > > Belkin, they
      > > > also have a reputation of listening to customers. It may take a
      > > while, but
      > > > they might be interested.
      > > > --
      > > > Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@
      > > > "The Force will be with you always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

      Does
      > > anyone

      > > nothing

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic