21901Re: F5L009 belkin network usb hub

  • bullfrog528
    Jun 29, 2008
      Hi

      Still can't find this specific product on the www.belkin.com site.
      I'm clicking on hubs on the left and then usb hubs in the drop down
      menu which does indeed bring up some products with similar cases,
      but not this specific product. It's essentially a wired ethernet to
      5 usb port device. The only devices I see in a similar case are 2
      items for the mac. And a WUSB pair which uses it's own wireless link
      rather than wifi.

      I'll need to reconfirm the source of the information regarding it
      running linux.

      I've now found a belkin gpl download site is here -
      http://www.belkin.com/support/gpl.asp

      Not many products are mentioned.

      Jeremy (Bullfrog)

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Gregg C Levine"
      <hansolofalcon@...> wrote:

      > Hello!
      > Actually, Jeremy (Bullfrog), according to the Belkin site, it isn't
      > discontinued. Not yet. It is however hard to find as their site
      was never
      > properly optimized. I simply went there, and checked under their
      USB devices
      > section, and it simply turned up under hubs, and was sparsely
      documented as
      > I've described earlier.
      >
      > As for it being Linux based, well the Register has a reputation
      for being
      > wrong seven out of ten times per week. (Or should especially given
      the fact
      > that most people ignore them until it's too late.) They (Belkin)
      are
      > probably not completely aware that anything Linux based needs to
      be supplied
      > with both a binary and a source download.
      >
      > Now here's a suggestion, before actively considering something
      else from
      > Linksys, why not bring the Register's blurb to the attention of
      Belkin, they

      linux@yahoogroups.com] On
      > Behalf
      > > Of bullfrog528
      > > Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 4:48 AM
      > > To: nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
      > > Subject: [nslu2-linux] Re: F5L009 belkin network usb hub
      > >
      > > Hi
      > >
      > > Thankyou for all the help.
      > >
      > > Must admit I'm not a great belkin fan, I've hunted around the
      belkin
      > > site and I believe as i can't find it under there product menu
      system,
      > > that it's probably been discontinued already anyway.
      > >
      > > Thanks to Rod for looking at the firmware upgrade page. I
      believe it
      > > was "the register" said it was linux based, but I had my doubts
      as I
      > > couldn't find a source download link.
      > >
      > > I've now decided to work backwards from the linksys gpl source
      page
      > > here.
      > > http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?
      > > c=L_Content_C1&childpagename=US%
      > > 2FLayout&cid=1115416836002&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%
      2FVisitorWrapper

      > > To see what is a current product and what may fit the several
      projects
      > > that I'm trying to do.
      > >
      > > Thankyou
      > >
      > > Jeremy (Bullfrog)