21889Re: F5L009 belkin network usb hub

  • bullfrog528
    Jun 27, 2008
      Hi

      Thankyou for all the help.

      Must admit I'm not a great belkin fan, I've hunted around the belkin
      site and I believe as i can't find it under there product menu system,
      that it's probably been discontinued already anyway.

      Thanks to Rod for looking at the firmware upgrade page. I believe it
      was "the register" said it was linux based, but I had my doubts as I
      couldn't find a source download link.

      I've now decided to work backwards from the linksys gpl source page
      here.
      http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?
      c=L_Content_C1&childpagename=US%
      2FLayout&cid=1115416836002&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

      To see what is a current product and what may fit the several projects
      that I'm trying to do.

      Thankyou

      Jeremy (Bullfrog)

      > bullfrog528 wrote:
      > > Slightly off topic , I'm looking for a replacement for the NSLU2
      which
      > > has ethernet connectivity and 3 or more usb ports, the belkin
      F5L009
      > > is a 5 port device and apparently has embedded linux. Does anyone
      on
      > > this forum know anything about the inards of this device?
      >
      > Just had a look at the firmware upgrade image, and could see nothing
      > obviously linux about it.
      >
      > Best thing to do is buy one and chuck a serial port on it.
      >
      > -- Rod

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic