21767Re: how much space do I need for unslug+ fuppes?

  • Tomasz
    Jun 8, 2008
      I do it exactly so with my NSLUG. System is on Flash, data for
      servers and Samba shares are on HDD. To spin-down the disk after 3
      min unactivity I use sg_start from sg_utils package.

      Tomek F.
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Christian Loza"
      <christian.loza@...> wrote:

      > Thank you everybody for your questions.
      >
      > From what they wrote, I think it fits on my flash, but I have a
      lot of music
      > in my hdd, so is possible I would need more space to save this
      playlist.
      > Just to clarify, if anybody has the experience, can I store my
      fuppes
      > playlist in the regular hd? so, unslug + fuppes will go in the
      flash, and
      > the songs and playlist in the hd ?
      >
      > Thank you again for your time replying.
      >
      > Best regards,
      >
      > Chris
      >
      > On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 5:16 AM, Pierre-Fran├žois (f5bqp_pfm) <
      > pfmonet@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I don't understand, using Unslung + Fuppes + Smb with a NAS
      mounted
      > > I can play HD video over the network from the HD player.
      > > It works!
      > >
      > > pf

      CUPS,
      > > > SAMBA, ftp and web server with PHP and few another aplication
      takes
      > > > 540MB.
      > > > Anyway I doubt the throughput from slug (in my case ca.
      3.5MB/s) is
      > > > enought to play HD movies, but I can be wrong....
      > > >
      > > > Tomek F.
      > > >
      > > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com <nslu2-linux%
      40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > Pierre-Fran├žois (f5bqp_pfm)

      > > hard
      > > > disk instead of a flash stick .
      > > created
      > > > the fuppes database it went bigger because I've approx 2000
      videos
      > > > on a NAS on the GigE network.

      > > from
      > > > two HD Divx players, one H&B DNX8620 and one KISS Tecnologies
      DP600.

      > > > Unslung because OpenWRT looks like more a true Linux. I 'm not
      fan
      > > > to switch to Debian because I want to run without any hard disk
      > > > drive, and I believe Debian cannot.

      40yahoogroups.com>
      > > > fuppes?

      > > > flash it soon. I was wondering, how much space do I need
      > > > music and share photos to a remote xbox 360, but that is
      > > > asking is because I have several 512 Mb flash memories, but
      > > > greater than that. I hope somebody have a similar setup.

      > > __________ Information NOD32 3162 (20080605) __________
      > >
      > > Ce message a ete verifie par NOD32 Antivirus System.
      > > http://www.nod32.com
      > >

      > --
      > Christian E Loza

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic