21747Re: Can't cpan> install Bundle::CPAN

  • indusmunz
    Jun 3, 2008
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hammond <rob.hammond@...>
      wrote:

      > Second thoughts here, I think that installing these modules will
      not
      > fix this.
      > I do have this module compiled - version 2.011, unsure if I had
      any
      > problems with it.
      >
      > There are three prerequisite modules that need to be installed
      first so
      > suggest using the install option in a CPAN console shell for each
      and
      > monitor any errors.
      > Compress::Raw::Zlib
      > IO::Compress::Base
      > IO::Uncompress::Base
      >
      > Then IO::Compress::Gzip::Constants is part of module
      > IO-Compress-Zlib
      >
      > If you desperately need this module then perhaps one of the package
      > developers may built it for the Optware feed using the cross
      compile
      > method.

      I should express myself more clearly. I actually have all those
      modules. When I do a find file command they all come up. The problem
      is, they are not listed in @INC. I checked the putty log file a
      little bit more thoroughly and found that the problem reduces to
      these:

      Compress/Raw/Zlib.pm
      Compress/Zlib.pm
      IO/Compress/Base.pm
      IO/Compress/Base/Common.pm
      IO/Compress/Gzip.pm
      IO/Compress/Gzip/Constants.pm
      IO/Uncompress/AnyUncompress.pm
      IO/Uncompress/Base.pm
      IO/Uncompress/Gunzip.pm

      All the .pm files are actually somewhere in the .cpan directory in
      different directories. Only not where @INC has them listed.

      Can I not simply add them to @INC somehow? Or symlink them so that
      Perl can find them?

      Thanks, Paul