21642Re: [nslu2-linux] slugimage issue or operator error?

    May 5 5:21 AM
      Rob Lockhart wrote:
      > Interesting, I went to the URL above.
      > http://svn.nslu2-linux.org/svnroot/slugimage/trunk/tests/slugos/
      > looking at file:
      > large-flashdisk.expected
      >
      > shows:
      >
      > Ran out of flash space in <Flashdisk> - 0x00010 bytes too large.
      >
      > Same error message I'm getting. Coincidence?

      Nope, it just means that your flashdisk file that you are providing to
      slugimage is 16 bytes too large.

      There is a 16 byte length header that is prepended to the kernel and
      ramdisks that you provide to slugimage before they are put in the flash
      image (this is required by the vendor RedBoot). If you provide files
      that are the exact size of the flash partitions, then they will actually
      by 16 bytes too large due to this header which must be prepended.

      So you need to work out why your Flashdisk file is too large.