20927Debian vs OpenSlug: poor Samba performance?

  • markusingendahl
    Feb 1, 2008

      I just migrated from OpenSlug 2.7 to the current Debian version.

      My first performance test with samba shares showed that my current
      installation is significantly slower that before.

      As far as I can see, I configured samba as I did before when using
      OpenSlug.

      Before I hat a read performance of about 4,5 kb per second.
      Now it's only 2,8 to 3,0 kb per second.

      Any idea what's wrong? Any hints where to find some hints?

      I don't know, but I believe I used ext2 as file system before and now
      it is ext3. Does this make the trick?

      Ah by the way: in boths setups I used a mdadm driven raid 1 system
      (same hardware)

      Any ideas are highly appreciated.

      Thanks in advance
      Markus