20346Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Trouble with installing Debian on NSLU2...

  • John Klimek
    Dec 9, 2007
      I've just installed Unslung 6.8 and verified I have a static IP
      address with a correct netmask and gateway.

      After I upload the Debian firmware I get the orange light and I cannot
      connect to that IP address (via SSH and telnet).

      Any other thoughts?

      On Dec 9, 2007 2:51 PM, Richard Morey <moreyr@...> wrote:

      > I did the same thing last night and had the same problem. I'm going to
      > reflash it today or tomorrow with unslung to see if my network settings
      > are cool.
      >

      > John Klimek wrote:
      > >

      > > Hmmm... I'm still having a problem.
      > >
      > > When I flash di-nslu2.bin (using the Windows utility) it upgrades
      > > fine, but when the NSLU2 reboots it shows me the solid orange light
      > > again. This is with no disks connected...
      > >
      > > Like I mentioned in the original post, I can upgrade my NSLU2 to
      > > Unslung 6.8 just fine and I've done hwclock -systohc, and
      > > removed/replaced the internal battery.
      > >
      > > What should the lights normally be when it's waiting for me to SSH in
      > > to complete the install?
      > >
      > > What else can I do?! =(
      > >
      > > On Dec 9, 2007 10:51 AM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@...
      > > <mailto:tbm%40cyrius.com>> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > * cmelikian <chris.melikian@...
      > > <mailto:chris.melikian%40gmail.com>> [2007-12-09 14:21]:

      > > > Interesting, I know that at least one other person had this problem.
      > > > I wonder whether this happens when base install fails and you restart
      > > > it. I'm not near my slug at the moment (and neither for the next 2
      > > > weeks) but maybe someone could verify this.
      > > >
      > > > --
      > > > Martin Michlmayr
      > > > http://www.cyrius.com/ <http://www.cyrius.com/>

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic