19436Re: [nslu2-linux] Hamachi VPN on NSLU2 ?

  • Yann E. MORIN
    Aug 7, 2007
      Gabriel,
      All,

      On Tuesday 07 August 2007 14:01, Gabriel Schønau Hansen wrote:
      > Just wondering if theres a possibility for running the hamachi VPN client on
      > the slug? ( http://www.hamachi.com <http://www.hamachi.com/> )

      Didn't try, but...

      > I’ve tried some of the VPN solutions but, tbh, the learning curve is quite
      > too steep for a meddler like me! :-)

      I'm using vtun ( http://vtun.sourceforge.net/ ) as a tap provider, tunnelled
      in an ssh tunnel. Works great for my usage. This is not a real VPN, but serves
      almost as if it was.

      You can also use knock ( http://www.zeroflux.org/cgi-bin/cvstrac.cgi/knock/wiki
      which is down right now... ) to only allow connections after a special
      port-knocking pattern has been matched: thus, you only open the /VPN/ to hosts
      knowing the pattern. The only downside of knock is that it listens to the
      link-layer and might be a bit resource-consuming for the NSLU2.

      Regards,
      Yann E. MORIN.

      | Yann E. MORIN | Real-Time Embedded | /"\ ASCII RIBBON | Erics' conspiracy: |
      | +0/33 662376056 | Software Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN | ^ |
      | http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | (*_*) | / \ HTML MAIL | """ conspiracy. |
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic