19389How to compile custom static libraries for OpenSlug

  • Daniel Berenguer
    Aug 2, 2007
      Hi again,

      I'm following the instructions in openembedded.org in order to build
      my own programs for OpenSlug. I learned from the "hello world" example
      that a bitbake script must be created for building custom programs. Ex:

      DESCRIPTION = "Hello world program"
      PR = "r0"

      SRC_URI = "file://myhelloworld.c \

      do_compile() {
      ${CC} ${CFLAGS} ${LDFLAGS} ${WORKDIR}/myhelloworld.c -o
      myhelloworld
      }

      My question is: which compilation settings must be set in order to
      build a static library and not an executable? And where should the
      final library (binary) be placed?

      I've tried

      do_compile() {
      ${AR} ${CFLAGS} ${LDFLAGS} ${WORKDIR}/mylibrary.c -o libmylib
      }

      without success.

      Anyone knows how to do it?

      Thanks again,