19283Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Debian install always fails

  • Mark Overholser Jr
    Jul 18, 2007
      I was having an issue with it formatting my 500GB WD MyBook while installing Debian this past weekend. To get around it I used someone else's tip that I found on the wiki- I plugged it into one of my other Linux boxes and created a large swap (256MB) at the end and formatted that, then created an ext3 that took up the rest and formatted that. Then I did manual partitions and set the ext3 to / and the swap area to be used as a swap area and told it not to format the ext3 partition. That worked out for me, it's up and running now.

      On 7/18/07, mark801512 <mmarquee@...> wrote:

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@...> wrote:

      > * mark801512 <mmarquee@...> [2007-07-16 18:34]:
      > > I have just looked in the syslog on the machine, and this is the
      error ...

      > > apt-install: Couldn't find package flash-kernel
      > >
      > > Looks pretty final!
      > >
      > > Anyone got any ideas ?
      >
      > Can you send me the syslog file in private mail?
      > --
      > Martin Michlmayr
      > http://www.cyrius.com/

      I actually got so frustrated that I unslung the nslu instead, this
      worked first time, no problems!

      Thanks for everyone's suggestions and help

      Mark H

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic