    Jul 5, 2007
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "bloedmann999" <Brian_Dorling@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "mark801512" <mmarquee@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Farquharson"
      > > <gordonfarquharson@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Mark

      > 8GB).
      > around it?
      > > >
      > > > You need to provide a little more information, like where in the
      > > > installation the installer fails.
      > > >
      > > > My guess, based on your setup is that it fails when partitioning. If
      > > > so, are you using partman in the guided partitioning mode? My
      guess is
      > > > that you are not, and if so, could you try the default guided
      > > > partition scheme (all mounts on one partition). Also, if the install
      > > > is failing during partitioning, could you post the partition scheme
      > > > you are trying to use.
      > > >
      > > > Gordon
      > > >
      > > > --
      > > > Gordon Farquharson
      > > > GnuPG Key ID: 32D6D676
      > > >

      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > Thanks for the help.
      > >
      > > Its doesn't seem to work if I use guided (which creates a very small
      > > swap) or manual setup. I am trying to create a 512MB swap and a ext3
      > > filesystem that files the rest of the 8GB stick.
      > >
      > > I can post exact details when tonite.
      > >
      > > Mark H
      > >
      > When mine kept dying, during partitioning, I couldn't get past it. So
      > I partitioned the drive on a Kanotix PC and formatted the partitions
      > to EXT3 and swap. Then started the reinstall again, when it got to the
      > partitioning questions,I did the mount point bits and saved the data
      > to the drive etc., then I hit the "back" button and then just went
      > through all the options in the installer window, install base system,
      > create users etc. So apart from setting the mount points I bypassed
      > the partitioner.
      >
      > It went perfectly then.
      >
      > Cheers Brian

      Thanks, I have been trying that now. I have setup and formatted the
      partitioning scheme again, only via my PC, and so not using the
      partitioning in the installer apart to setup the mount point for the
      root file system. However, I know get an error in the installer that
      it cannot mount the swap partition.

      I'm now going to sleep on it!

      Thanks again to everyone, I'm sure I am doing something stupid somewhere

      Mark H
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic