18628Howto substitute the kernel _safely_

  • ffdfsdf fdfdf
    Apr 30, 2007
      I have installed Debian/NSLU2 in my slug. I want to compile new kernel (for example for installing grsecurity patch). But because I don't have serial console I want to know how can I substitute my (original) kernel.

      Can you see all the ways I could do that.

      I thought in two:
      1) Open slug and put serial console and compile new kernel. So according to http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddASerialPort I could select between new kernel and original kernel

      But it not substitute the kernel. It adds new one

      2) Know what are the options the original kernel is compiled (via kernel configuration file) and add more options and compile it. It assures that the new kernel works (because it have the same options as old plus more)

      3) Any other?

      Thank you in advance,
      Xan.

      LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.