17880Re: DST change

  • braydw
    Feb 27, 2007
      Brian -- I have installed your tz package in a Unslung and it appears
      to work. I set my TZ to America/New_York.
      I followed your preliminary instructions and then tested it by the
      command:
      date --utc 031106592007.50 ; date ; sleep 20 ; date

      I am curious how this got actived by the install process. I did not
      reboot.
      Could you please explain the process to me.

      Thank you for your great work.
      --David

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Zhou" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

      > For unslung, I've created a tz package, which contains up-to-date
      > zoneinfo. Preliminary instruction can be found
      >
      > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Profiles/BrianZhou
      >
      > I personally don't use linksys web interface at all, a potential
      > problem is when you set a timezone using the web UI - that probably
      > will overwrite /usr/local/localtime.
      >
      > I don't think there is a way around that other than not using that
      > part of the web UI.
      >
      > -Brian Zhou
      >
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Bob <bobejr@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Is there any progress on this issue?