16949Re: Test result: problem rsync from slugosbe optware unstable feed AS WELL AS na

  • Brian Zhou
    Jan 1, 2007
      The latest optware rsync_2.6.9-2_armeb.ipk solved the problem, it is
      based on the last two posts in the thread I provided. The error
      message is superfluous and harmless.

      Also, please don't refer the openslug package feed as native. It is
      already quite confusing, I don't want to confuse more people.

      BTW, my last name is Zhou.

      -Brian

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "CN" <t4chacko@...> wrote:

      > Brian,
      >
      > First, the premise of that thread you gave below is wrong, at least
      in our
      > context. As I described in my msg below, I do not get the error msg
      when I
      > use the rsync (same version) built for unSlung as is in SlugOS/BE.
      Further
      > more,
      >
      > I am using ext3 (not ext2),
      > Mine is not an external file system (just copy from one partition
      to another)
      > I have no samba
      >
      > Note: the error is NOT specific to your cross build of optware for
      slugosbe.
      > The same error is also there in the native rsync available for
      SlubOS/BE.

      > Cordially, Chacko
      >
      > On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 05:49:27 -0000, Brian Zhou wrote:
      >
      > > Sounds like this thread:
      > >
      > > http://www.mail-archive.com/rsync@.../msg17520.html
      > >
      > > Not sure whether we need to fix it.
      > >
      > > -Brian
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "CN" <t4chacko@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Brian Zhao, Rod Whitby,
      > > >
      > > > I was testing the slugosbe optware unstable feed. Many pkgs are
      > > working. Saw
      > > > the following problem with rsync pkg. ipkg-opt install worked fine:
      > > >
      > > > #/opt/bin/rsync --version
      > > > rsync version 2.6.9 protocol version 29
      > > >
      > > > When using this rsync, there are errors of every symbolic link copy
      > > of the form:
      > > > rsync: failed to set times on "/media/sda3/bin/echo": Function not
      > > implemented
      > > > (38)
      > > >
      > > > Now, I tried the same version rsync from the unSlung feed, under
      > > slugos/be. It
      > > > does NOT show this error!
      > > >
      > > > The latest native version for slugos/be of rsync is 2.6.8.
      > > Interestingly, that
      > > > version also is showing the same error!! So something is not right
      > > in the normal
      > > > build process of the native feed, as well as in Brian's new
      > > slugosbe feed build.
      > > > Same error.
      > > >
      > > > rsync options used in the test: -a --delete -v --stats --progress
      > > >
      > > > If you need any more information please ask.
      > > >
      > > > Cordially, Chacko
      > > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic