16479Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: WD MyBook Essential Spin down

  • Cheng Feng
    Dec 6, 2006
      My 320GB book will spin down. I don't see the dim of
      the green light. (but I can hear/feel the spinning)
      The power save is about 6-8 watt.

      I can only suggest:

      1) Double check if your /var and /dev are on the
      ramdisk.
      # cd /var
      # df ./
      2) Do you have anything in the /etc/crontab to access
      disk? see the timestamp in the /var/log/messages
      # less /var/log/messages

      al

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/SpinDownUSBHarddisks