16429Re: Strange behaviour with Western Digital MyBook Essential 500GB

  • anguel_stankov
    Dec 2, 2006
      Thanks for the info. To me it seems that it depends on some
      milliseconds the drive needs to start up - sometimes it works and
      sometimes not.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Fabrizio Diversi" <briz60@...> wrote:

      > I had the same story when I changed my 100 gb disk with a new one of
      320gb capacity with the same usb enclosure. The problem was related to
      the external usb box, that worked perfectly with lower capacity disk
      and not with the new one. I bought an Icy box usb enclosure , that is
      clearly indicated as compatible and everything was perfect again.
      > Hope this help.
      > Fabrizio
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic