15811Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Is the Debian Bootstrap currently trashed?

  • Ciemon Dunville
    Nov 1, 2006
      Fernando, thank you, my problem is now resolved.

      It was the ethernet driver of course.

      The problem was in my reading of the wiki, in that up until the driver
      part I had been editing files using vim, however, the driver part of
      the page reads:

      Add the network driver explicity to etc/modules, in order to get the
      network port working after reboot:

      echo "ixp400_eth dev_max_count=1" >> /etc/modules

      ..and so I had been editing /etc/modules and adding that line. Of
      course you stated that ixp400_eth dev_max_count=1 should be added to
      the file. Now reading the wiki I can see what the line is doing.

      Maybe the wiki needs tweaking, maybe I should do what the page says
      rather than not reading it properly.

      Anyway, slug bootsrapped from work this morning, now for the fun to begin.

      Thanks again
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic