15808Re: [nslu2-linux] USB1 port 1=hub 2 HD 1 500GB 1 250 GB port 2= root disk in NTFS?

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Oct 31, 2006
      On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 10:01 -0600, Mike (mwester) wrote:

      > However -- there is a known problem with the Linksys NTFS driver that
      > affects both Unslung and Linksys stock firmware.

      And there is also the disadvantage that you can't store ownership
      and other permissions on ntfs.

      > Under load, the NTFS driver can cause the NSLU2 to lock up or crash.
      > This is a Linksys prolem, and to my knowlege there has not been a fix
      > or workaround identified.

      Using ext3 seems a reasonable work around.

      --
      marceln
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic