15805Re: [nslu2-linux] USB1 port 1=hub 2 HD 1 500GB 1 250 GB port 2= root disk in NTFS?

  • Mike (mwester)
    Oct 31, 2006
      > Just upgrade to V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.8-beta
      > I would like to connect 3 Hard disk al in NTFS if this is possible?

      Using a hub, you can connect multiple NTFS drives. I believe the unit will
      support up to four NTFS drives.

      However -- there is a known problem with the Linksys NTFS driver that
      affects both Unslung and Linksys stock firmware. Under load, the NTFS
      driver can cause the NSLU2 to lock up or crash. This is a Linksys problem,
      and to my knowlege there has not been a fix or workaround identified.

      > On port1 I would like to connect a USB HUB on that hub I would like to
      > connect a HD of 250 GB and another of 500 GB.
      > on port2 I connected a New 250 GB hard disk wich the NSLU2 formats in
      > /ext3.
      >
      > I would like to have the Hard disk on port 2 also in NTFS or FAT32,
      > how do I proceed

      In order to run Unslung firmware in the normal fashion, you must have at
      least one device that is natively formatted by the NSLU2 firmware (ext3
      filesystem).

      Mike (mwester)
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic