15420Re: Moving root device

  • pascalgroenen
    Sep 30, 2006
      In other words, would I break anything when I:
      - switch off the slug
      - remove both of my current disks (port 1 = NTFS, port 2 = EXT with
      Unslung
      - plug in the EXT with Unslung to port 1
      - reboot
      ?

      I'll grab the data off the NTFS later and reformat it to EXT3 to be
      attached to port 2 later.

      Please, help me with this one.

      THanks.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pascalgroenen" <pascal@...>
      wrote:

      > As I am experiencing very bad file serving behaviour with SAMBA
      from an
      > NTFS formatted disk plugged into port 1. I was thinking of
      switching
      > over to Natively formatted disks entirely. Now I was reading the
      wikis
      > and howto's and got warned not to plug in a natively formatted disk
      in
      > port 1 as the slug would become dependent on both disks; which I
      donot
      > want.
      >
      > Can I simply switch off the slug, remove the NTFS disk from port 1,
      and
      > then move the root device from port 2 to port 1? Or would this
      break my
      > slug? If so, what would be the best course of action?

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic