15387Moving root device

  • pascalgroenen
    Sep 28, 2006
      As I am experiencing very bad file serving behaviour with SAMBA from an
      NTFS formatted disk plugged into port 1. I was thinking of switching
      over to Natively formatted disks entirely. Now I was reading the wikis
      and howto's and got warned not to plug in a natively formatted disk in
      port 1 as the slug would become dependent on both disks; which I donot
      want.

      Can I simply switch off the slug, remove the NTFS disk from port 1, and
      then move the root device from port 2 to port 1? Or would this break my
      slug? If so, what would be the best course of action?
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic