14422Re: running scripts from html pages served by thttpd (UNSLUNG 6.8)

  • Rob Conway
    Aug 2, 2006
      I only have the standard thttpd services running, and was hoping I could easily start a script on the slug from a web page button.  I looked at the linksys pages for telnet enabling and this just seems to use "post" method and run a cgi file.  The telnet cgi file is not a script file though
      Can someone confirm how I get a simple bash script to run from a html web button PLEASE :) I DO NOT want to have to load apache PHP mysql etc etc as my web page requirements are minimal.

      Is it as simple as saving my bash script as xxx.cgi  I want my script to run with root privlidges.

      cheers

      rob
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic