12056Re: [nslu2-linux] asterisk, gizmo and
- Mar 24, 2006professordavidk <bengaldave@...> wrote:
I am just looking into asterisk but was looking for a users perspective.
FOr example, is it true that I could just by a SIP phone and connect
use it through the GIZMO service?
A SIP phone or an ATA + plus your old analog phone will do the job.
I understand that having an asterisk service allows lots of
customization, but for a small household what do I get by having an
asterisk server above just having a SIP phone?
Asterisk is a PBX = like a corporate swithing system.
It has a lot of features (and you can even add more features), but here is what I'm using:
- Sofisticated voicemail system
- VoIP to PSTN gateway (using an ATA - Sipura SPA 3000) to forward my incoming VoIP calls to my cell (for free)
- PSTN to VoIP gateway - to call home from my cell and then use my VoIP low prices to call overseas.
- call detail records to ceck if the providers don't overcharge
- the posibility to be connected to an ulimited number of providers using the same phone
- make ENUM lookups to find if there is a VoIP address to reach a phone number before using a toll provider
New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.
- << Previous post in topic