11708Re: Slimserver question

  • wielan000
    Mar 2, 2006

      > > Hi

      > > > Can you give me some pointers on how to do that? (No Wiki page on
      > that)
      > >
      > > I found one.
      > > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddAdditionalSwapSpace
      > >
      > > Hope that helps. Kai
      > >
      > It helps, but the figures don't match with the info on the page.
      > before:
      > Swap: 56220 7288 48932
      > After:
      > Swap: 208872 7264 201608
      >
      > So the swapfile added is 156 Mb.
      >
      > the command to create the file was;
      >
      > dd if=/dev/zero of=/share/hdd/data/swapfile1 bs=1024 count=262144
      >
      > Henk

      Hi, just to inform you that i only killed mt-daapd and slimverver was
      ready after eight hours searching through my 40gb 9000+ songs mp3
      folder (with 100Mb of swapsce left).
      So here are the figures for the statisitics ;-).
      Windows slimserver (active pearl installed) approx 4 hours.
      Slug (with 156 Mb swapfile added) (Turboslugged) approx 8 hours.
      Vmware (on windows machine) Slimcd (good stuff) approx 1,5 hours.

      Thx for the help.

      Rgds,
      Henk
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic